Market Research & Consulting For The Building Products Industry
Strategic Marketing Associates is a market research and consulting firm specializing in the building products, construction materials and equipment industries.
To improve our clients’ success in the marketplace by improving their strategic focus, enhancing their knowledge base, and facilitating achievement of strategic goals.
Our Core Competence
Our ability to deliver industry specific marketing counsel, direction, and support to building products organizations by bundling the following skills, expertise, and experiences.
- Expertise in designing and facilitating strategic and market planning processes.
- Understanding of building products markets, processes, products, and players.
- Experience designing and fielding market research projects to address the unique characteristics of the building products industry.
- Extensive databases of contractors, end-users, distribution outlets, and influencers.
- Strategic relationships with global construction information suppliers & complementary service providers.
Our Building Products Market Research Services
- Market Studies, Assessments, & Profiles
- Product Assessments & Features Evaluations
- Static Product Clinics
- Conjoint Analysis
- Voice of the Customer Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys & Needs Analysis
- Perception Surveys
- Buying Practices Studies
- Image / Brand Assessments
- Attitude & Awareness Studies
- Advertising Effectiveness Studies
- Pricing & Channel Studies
- Competitive Intelligence
- Trade Show Market Research Services
- Booth Surveys
- Focus Group Sessions
- One-on-one Interviews
- Competitor Research, Profiling, & Analysis
Our Consulting Services
- Strategic & Market Planning
- Market Segmentation & Target Marketing
- Value Proposition Assessment & Development
- Opportunity Identification & Assessment
- Marketing Audits & Process Re-engineering
- New Product Introduction / Launch Services
- Strategic Communications Messaging & Development
- Channel, Partnership, and Resource Development Services
- Merger and Acquisition Services
Examples of Past Building Products Market Research & Consulting Engagements
- Market Studies & Assessments
- Bagged concrete market analysis – demand, channel, brand preference & pricing analysis – For a wooden deck post market segment
- Buyer behavior and distribution channel study – For an industrial repair products company
- Concrete reinforcing steel bar (rebar) market assessment and competitive analysis in the U. S. market
- Dowel bar retrofit market study within the DOT market segment
- Infrastructure products market study – For a precision grout manufacturer
- Market feasibility study and introductory partnering discussions – For deck and roof system manufacturer trying to enter the Florida market
- Market Segmentation & size estimation, brand preference evaluation, selection factor & price elasticity analysis of fast setting cements & mortars
- Merger & acquisition candidate profile & evaluation – For a vertically integrated construction product manufacturer
- Metal repair compounds market study including analysis of distribution channels and competitive assessment
- Pipe block distributor channel analysis, supplier identification, evaluation, & introductory discussions
- Product evaluation & assessment including interviews with major railroads – For a newly developed railroad track system
- Product feasibility & positioning investigation of synthetic roofing underlayment
- Regional market study – For an insulated precast wall panel manufacturer
- Buying behaviors, selection factors, and brand comparison study – For a manufacturer of portable room partitions and accordion doors
- Customer satisfaction survey – For an engineered lumber products manufacturer
- Grout products market assessment survey
- Focus Groups
- Focus group sessions with residential painters of interior and exterior caulk product usage, features evaluation, and brand preference
- Self-consolidating concrete product assessment – Held at World of Concrete
- Market Planning & Consultation
- Market Planning & New Product Introduction – Manufacturer of decorative coatings
- Market planning facilitation – For a precast hollowcore panel manufacturer
- Product sales analysis – For a grout product manufacturer
- Program assessment – For a newly developed wall system licensing program